About Me

My photo
Columbia, Missouri
My traveling closet began halfway across the country three years ago when I left Las Vegas and started my freshman year at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Then it went halfway across the world for a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain. Now it's back to Mizzou for a final year. I began this blog to detail my European adventures. Though I'm back in the states, the adventures continue.

Monday, January 9, 2012

¡Finalmente en Barcelona!

It only took 18 hours! I travelled from 10:30 a.m. on January 8th to 2:45 p.m. on January 9th. The longest stretch was my 12 hour flight from Salt Lake City to Paris. The woman in front of me reclined her chair into my lap and the man behind me jabbed my back with his knees, disabling my ability to recline my own chair. Therefore, sleeping wasn't really an option. But I can't complain much. They played Moneyball, Crazy Stupid Love and GLEE! Needless to say, I stayed entertained throughout the flight and I certainly didn't go hungry! They fed me lunch, dinner and breakfast. What a deal! Plus, how can you complain when you get to watch the sunrise from above the clouds? This picture doesn't do it justice but it was BEAUTIFUL! 



Upon arrival at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, I grew extremely envious of my cousin Kayla who is currently studying abroad there and can speak French. It truly is a beautiful language. I found myself staring at French people conversing. I had no idea what they were saying but it was incredibly entrancing. 

After taking two buses and managing to NOT get lost, I arrived at the correct terminal and boarded my Air France flight to Barcelona. I decided to reward myself for not getting lost for a change and took advantage of the fact I am now "legal." 


Before I knew it, I spotted España out my plane window!


!Bienvenidos a Barcelona! 

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Can't wait to read about all your adventures. :) Have fun and BE SAFE! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to me on my plane ride except I had to endure horrible movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh glee on the flight :) I'm glad you made it through cdg. I remember having to illegally jump some gates because we didn't have the right ticket. Haha. I'm glad you made it and that sunrise is gorgeous dawling :))

    Lovesssss. Meg :)

    ReplyDelete