About Me

My photo
Columbia, Missouri
My traveling closet began halfway across the country three years ago when I left Las Vegas and started my freshman year at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Then it went halfway across the world for a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain. Now it's back to Mizzou for a final year. I began this blog to detail my European adventures. Though I'm back in the states, the adventures continue.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fresh Air Loving


Don't get me wrong, the city of Barcelona is beautiful...but sometimes even a city girl such as myself needs to venture out to the mountains for some fresh air.

La calle de Las Ramblas at dusk. 

Some friends and I hopped on a train and traveled an hour outside of the city to La Montserrat Monastery, located on top of a beautiful mountainside. 

To my Mizzou friends, yes I am standing next to a student from KU. Two actually! Blasphemy, I know. ;p

 We rode in a cable car all the way to the top of the mountain! 

 What a view it was once we reached the top! 

 I had to take advantage of an opportunity to be adventurous! 

 My fear of heights kept me from going ALL the way to the top, but hey, I got pretty close!

 There were plenty of monk statues. 

 The church itself was beautiful.

 Even the outside was impressive.

 Jesus and his twelve disciples. 

Just enjoying the scenery! 


It was the perfect day-trip getaway. However, now it is back to reality. Even though I am in Barcelona...I have this thing called...homework??? What a horrible thing to have to do when there are so many other WONDERFUL things to be doing here. Tarea = muy triste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment