About Me

My photo
Columbia, Missouri
My traveling closet began halfway across the country three years ago when I left Las Vegas and started my freshman year at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Then it went halfway across the world for a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain. Now it's back to Mizzou for a final year. I began this blog to detail my European adventures. Though I'm back in the states, the adventures continue.

Monday, April 23, 2012

"A Rose for Love and a Book for Forever"

Every April 23 the streets of Catalonia are adorned with makeshift bookstalls and rose stands commemorating the holiday of Sant Jordi. It's basically the Catalonia version of Valentine's Day.

Per tradition, men give their loved ones a rose and women return the gesture with the gift of a book. Apparently half the total yearly book sales in Catalonia are made on April 23.






 People packed Passeig de Gracia to purchase gifts.


Oh hey there Sant Jordi. 

1 comment: